Permanent Laser Hair Removal
Say goodbye to shaving!
This Medical Intense Selective Light System can progressively achieve long lasting hair removal. During the first stage of treatment, each area requires an average of 5-8 sessions at 3-4 weeks interval. Subsequently the time between sessions increases and fewer and much thinner hair grows back in the treated area.
The melanin in the stem absorbs the IPL’s bright radiation producing heat.
The adjacent cells, responsible of the hair’s genesis and growth, are permanently damaged through thermal management.
The required heat must be correctly administered, in order to selectively damage the bulb and not harm the skin.
Three variables to see:
•Color of the hair
•Thickness of the hair
More than one treatment is necessary to get the desired reduction.
Only during the growth stage (Anagen) the hair is in contact with the hair papilla, the section of the bulb responsible of the growth. Consequently, the bulb can be permanently damaged only during that phase.
A different number of treatments have to be performed at varying intervals, according to the targeted anatomical district.
– Menstrual dysfunction
– Tattoos on the area to be treat
– Mechanical epilation
– History of keloid formation
– General poor skin conditions
– Clean the area to be treated;
– The hairs must be max.1-2 mm long (shave or trim);
– Protect any lesions (white dermatological pencil);
– A transparent water-based gel must be applied to the skin;
– Select the parameters;
– Begin the treatment.
– Mild sunburn-like sensation is expected. This usually lasts 2-24 hours, but can persist up to 72 hours.
– Avoid aggressive scrubbing and use of exfoliants, scrub brushes and loofah sponges until the treatment area has returned to its pretreatment condition.
– Avoid sun exposure to treated areas. Use a sunblock if sun exposure is not avoidable. Sun avoidance will decrease likelihood of skin’s color changes.
– Follow up treatment may be performed within 3-4 weeks of new hair growth, averaging 35 days for face, armpit and groin; 50 days for rest of body.
Services available for:
– Upper lips
– Lifetime hair removal